ECO STAR is a Low-E, Neutral soft coated glass. The metallic oxide coating is deposited onto the clear float glass under vacuum conditions (sputtering system). The coating reflects both long and short wave infra-red.
comfort in seasons!
ECO STAR double glazing provides 3 times more heat insulation than standard double glazing and this offers many advantages as below:
- Energy savings, due to reduced heating requirements.
- Environmental protection, due to this reduction in energy used for heating.
- Reduced condensation on the inside of the windows, as the interior pane is kept closer to room temperature.
Due to the fact that it also blocks twice as much direct heat form the sun, ECO STAR offers remarkable advantages as below:
- Improved comfort, due to a more agreeable interior temperature being maintained.
- A reduction in the running costs, where there is air conditioning.
- The appearance of ECO STAR is neutral both in transmission and in reflection and is almost the same as that of standard double glazing.
- When used in renovation projects, the ECO STAR double glazed units can be used in existing frames.
- The multi-functionality of ECO STAR can be further enhanced by using it with other types of glass to provide acoustics insulation, security, decoration or privacy.
Available on clear float glass.
- Dimensions(mm): 6000×3210, 3210×2250
- Thicknesses(mm): 4,6,8
Performances (EN 410 & EN 637)
Interior Pane : Clear Float Glass
Exterior Pane (Coating Position #2): ECO STAR
Light Transmittance (LT%): 72
Exterior Light Reflection (LR%): 15
Interior Light Reflection (LR%): 13
Solar Factor(g): 0.48
Shading Coefficient(SC): 0.56
U Value EN 637 [W/(m².k)]: 1.0
ECO STAR should always be manufactured into a double glazed unit. The coating should always be placed facing the cavity of the double glazed unit, on face 2. As ECO STAR is a soft-coated LOW-E glass, certain considerations should be taken when processing the glass into double glazed units.
ECO STAR should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated location. The glass must be processed within a certain time period. please ask for details.
Handling and cutting
- Avoid all direct contact with the coated surface
- Always wear suitable protective gloves.
- Always place on the cutting table with the coated surface facing upwards.
- The coated surface should either be cut in dry conditions or by using special cutting oil.
The coating along the edges of the sheets must be removed prior to manufacture into a double glazed unit. This is to ensure adhesion to the spacer bar of the double glazed unit.
Use a washing machine which is capable of washing coated glasses.